Group Finance Officer - Various Locations
Group Finance Officer
Locations: Windsor & East Berkshire, North Wiltshire, South Wiltshire, Plymouth, Torbay, North Devon, North & West Cumbria, North West Devon
The MND Association has over 90 branches and groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, all run entirely by volunteers who work together in many different ways to provide support, raise awareness, influence, and fundraise at a local level.
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer to be responsible for the finances of the group by maintaining proper records and following the Association’s accounting procedures.
Yorkshire and the Humber,
What does this role involve?
- To follow the Association’s accounting procedures
- Responsibility for the group paying in book and banking of donations
- Acknowledge and thank donations as required
- Communicate to our national office amounts paid into the group bank account
- To inform group members of their financial duties and responsibilities
- To receive group financial reports produced by David Niven House and present these reports at group meetings when required.
- Forward any paperwork relating to donations, gift aid, charity vouchers to national office
Skills or experience that would be helpful:
- Ability to present and explain financial information clearly
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial records.
- Ability to understand and analyse simple financial information
- IT skills
We are looking for someone to commit to approximately 2 hours a week including willingness to attend regular meetings.
Full training and induction will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed.