Community Engagement Champions - London
Community Engagement Champion volunteers will use their local knowledge to help promote and raise awareness of MND within the local community. Particular focus will be on engaging with Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), young people, LGBT, disabled people, and men.
The MND Association was founded in 1979. Our mission is to improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers. We also fund and promote research that leads to new understanding and treatments and brings us closer to a cure for MND. The Association
This will be by:
• Making contact with and talking with local communities as well as attending local events.
• Providing information on issues facing people affected by MND.
• Increasing the awareness of MND amongst local communities.
• Building partnerships with local groups who can assist in raising awareness and collaboration.
• Championing diversity within the local branch or group and helping to enhance inclusivity.
• Working with volunteers and staff to address any activities that make it hard for people to volunteer or use Association services.
Full training and induction will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
We are looking for people with:
• Knowledge of or a willingness to learn about Motor Neurone Disease.
• Good listening, presentation, networking and communication skills
• A desire to ensure that the Association is inclusive and accessible to all.
• Interest in equality, diversity and inclusion
This is a great opportunity for those interested in advocacy and community development. This is also a brilliant opportunity to develop public speaking and networking skills and a chance to get to know and support your local community better.