Locations: East Sussex, Mid Kent, North Hampshire, North West Kent, West Kent, West Surrey, West Sussex South, Grimsby & Cleethorpes, Hull & East Yorkshire, North Bedfordshire, East London, North West London, South & East Somerset, Oxfordshire, Windsor & East Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol & Bath, South Wiltshire, Plymouth, Torbay, North Devon, Exeter & East Devon, South & West Somerset , South & East Somerset, Wirral
The MND Association has over 90 branches and groups across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, all run entirely by volunteers who work together in many different ways to provide support, raise awareness, influence, and fundraise at a local level.
Volunteers play an important role in the MND Association. They help to ensure that people with MND and their families receive the support and services they need.
We are looking for a Volunteer Publicity Officer to help us raise awareness about motor neurone disease (MND) and the profile of the Association locally
What does this role involved?
· Publicising branch/group activities and events
· Keeping a list of and co-ordinate events organised by others on behalf of the branch/group
· Developing contacts with the local media
· Writing and issuing press releases
· Ensuring all publicity reflects the Association's corporate identity
· Contacting local groups and arrange to speak to them about MND and the work of the branch/group
· Keeping up to date on current approaches to the management of the disease and research initiatives
This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and get involved with your local community.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can commit to approximately 1-2 hours a week.
Full training and induction will be provided and travel expenses will be reimbursed
You don’t need personal experience of MND but will have good communication skills, ability to recognise opportunities for publicity and the desire to help!
Skills or experience that would be helpful