Volunteer Local Events Ambassador
Working closely with the Regional Fundraiser to help target and develop potential opportunities to fundraise for an area and to enhance branches and groups with their fundraising activities. A new pilot role in the SW of the country. We are initally looking for volunteers in Plymouth, Exeter, North and West Devon and Torbay.
The main tasks are:
- Working with the RF to support branches and groups in the area with proactive fundraising activities, where there is no fundraising group or fundraising volunteer attached to the branch or group.
- Attend presentations and accept cheques on behalf of the branches and groups and/or the Association.
- Working in partnership with branches and groups , offer support at local events i.e.Half Marathon, County Shows etc.
- Collate and plan dates of local events in the area
- Working in partnership with branches and groups, help to organise street collections in accordance with Local Authority requirements to raise funds for local branch or group.
- Ensure collection tins are regularly collected and exchanged.
- Encourage local organisations & companies to fundraise on behalf of the Association.
- To gather knowledge of other local volunteering opportunities in the area and promote these as appropriate
- Identify and research potential people to build relationships with i.e. Rotary Clubs, Lions, W.I. etc.
Skills, experience and qualities:
- Experience of fundraising or organising events would be an advantage but not essential.
- §Ability to recognise potential opportunities for funding
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent administration and research skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to liaise with people from a wide range of different backgrounds
- Good organisational skills
- An interest in fundraising for charity
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, relationship building and diplomacy skills
- Warm, empathetic manner with a positive can-do attitude.
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? APPLY TODAY